Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Favorite Author List

The following authors are, for the most part, ones whose books I will always make a point of picking up to read. The author's name is hyperlinked to their own webpage. I've also listed a series or two by the author that I especially like. If no series is listed, there is no 'series' that I can point to, just individual books I like. I read many more authors than the list -- these are just the ones that stand out for me.

Douglas Adams -- Hitchhiker's, Dirk Gently
Joanne Bertin -- Dragonlord
Kristen Britain -- Green Rider
Lois McMaster Bujold -- Chalion, The Sharing Knife
Orson Scott Card -- Ender, Ender's Shadow
Jacqueline Carey -- Kushiel
C.J. Cherryh -- Chanur, Foreigner
Kate Elliott -- Jaran, Crossroads
Elizabeth Haydon -- Rhapsody
Peter Hamilton
Robert Jordan -- Wheel of Time, being completed by Brandon Sanderson
Ellen Kushner
Madeleine L'Engle -- The Time Quintet
Mercedes Lackey -- Valdemar, Five Hundred Kingdoms
Holly Lisle -- The Secret Texts
George R.R. Martin -- A Song of Ice and Fire
Anne McCaffrey -- Pern, Acorna
Sean McMullen -- Greatwinter, Moonworlds
Richard K. Morgan -- Takeshi Kovacs novels
Naomi Novik -- Temeraire
Philip Pullman -- His Dark Materials
Brandon Sanderson -- Mistborn, finishing Wheel of Time
Allen Steele -- Coyote
Charles Stross -- The Clan Corporate
Sheri S. Tepper

No comments: